Thursday, July 8, 2010

a list from bear in heaven's adam

one kinda cool thing about being in a band is you become friends with other people in bands. its not something you set out to do, it just happens. im pretty sure it has nothing to do with music and more to do with alcohol than anything else. people in bands like drinking together. adam from bear in heaven is one such friend in a band. he ain't too shabby looking neither (top right corner below). in fact, i used to intern for him (and others) at an editing house where they'd work on mtv shows and pepsi advertisements and things. we go back i guess? my cousin was the cfo and he told the head of the house it was crucial that we put these inventory tags on everything in case we ever move. bullshit. was a fun summer though. they had beer and stuff at the office which i didn't know happened having only worked on wall street up until then...



anyway, earlier the december 2009 week that adam sent me this list i posted lists from yeasayer's anand wilder and most amazing pianist ever vijay iyer:

http://gordongartrelle.blogspot.com/2009/12/top-5-lists-from-pianist-vijay-iyer-and.html

adam was going to chime in with his top 5 native american church songs for a list involving those other indians but then he didn't. he did chime in with his list of top 5 podcasts, most of which have to do with shamanism and entheogens.

"Man, this is nerdy and probably crazy boring too, but.... here they are, oh, btw, you can just find all these on itunes, just look em up

The Psychedelic Salon
My main man Lorenzo is my favorite. Mostly these are recordings of Terence Mckenna speaking... an unbelievably brilliant thinker, writer and theorist on many many many topics. This man has broken my mind open a million times over and I'm forever grateful for this podcast bringing me countless hours of listening and education.

Dopefiend.co.uk -Pyschonautica
Man, this kid, Max Freakout is a TRIP. Some twenty year old kid in England jumping every topic you could ever find on erowid.com . Not necessarily the most mature take on the subjects he covers, but it's definitely entertaining.

The Entheogenic Evolution
Dr. Martin Ball is pretty annoying and long winded, but I must say I've learned a whole hell of a lot about sacred mushrooms, jesus, and shamanism, just to name a few.

The Moth
I LOVE this podcast. I'm all caught up with them, bummer. Just simple 10 minute stories from a wide range of personalities. I'm a sucker for the slice of life kinda junk, I'm like with that with films too. This stuff is perfect for the commute.

Stuff You Should Know
Being a southerner.. I'm really just gettin behind these dudes' accents. They're from Georgia like myself, and just like the Moth, I rock this stuff when I have 15 mins to kill. Quick and to the point."

There you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment